Can You Help Me Out With the Tween Tech Guy Challenge?

A few weeks ago, my husband and I got into a discussion with our children about starting businesses for themselves. We both started our own "businesses" at a young age and thought this would be a great way to begin teaching them the value of a dollar and how to make money on your own.

The discussion went surprisingly well. My daughter's business idea was easy and straight forward. She is launching a pet sitting and dog walking service in our neighborhood. My son's was a little more complex. He wants to provide IT services. He's 10, so you can see there are just a few challenges with this one. Child labor laws, going into strangers homes... No thank you.

So, we decided that he could launch an tech advice column, through the supervised environment of my blog and "practice" until he is 16. This would give him a few years to build up

kimbaustin

Asked by kimbaustin at 1:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Contact a local community college, regarding IT certification classes.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Look into the Public Schools in your area, The ones here have a "Tech Track" in the junior high and high schools.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 10:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2010