What is the first thing you did when......

You left home and got a place of your own? Is there anything that was against the rules in your parents' home that you broke when you got your own home?

Like for me..eating dessert before dinner sometimes. Have a boy sleep over ; ) Coming home at 2am and no one waiting up to ground you cause you were supposed to be home at midnight.

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When I went away to college, don't know if I'd call the dorms my own place, but... No curfew, boyfriend sleeping over, drinking... probably a lot of other things.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I did all of the above and even more
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Nope. I was 19 and in college. My parents were pretty lenient, especially my mother. My boyfriend had stayed a week with us the previous summer and slept in my room most of the nights (my mom's only stipulation was not to let my gramma know, lol--she lived with us).
    For me my apartment was freedom from the dorms and the crazy wackos I had to share a room with. I moved out of the dorms mid-semester and had no furniture. I was so happy to be away from them that I slept on the floor with just a pillow and blanket for over a month. It was great. Man, I miss that little place.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• When I moved out of my parents house, I moved in with my husband... so I guess there was a lot of things I did that I wouldn't do at their house ; )

I did things a little unconventionally though, so I already had a two year old and was pretty tame.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I was 16 when I moved out, before I left I was already working a part time job, in college and basically on my own. When I officially moved out at 16 and in with my SO I got super super drunk and ended up calling my MOMMY...
    I was thinking I should go to the ER and she told me they'd make me drink charcoal if I did, so I didn't.
    That was the 1st week, lol, the weeks after got pretty crazy too but It's just too much to write on the internet.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I was busy making a new life for myself because when I left home, I moved to the UK. 

And yes, the man I moved to the UK for slept over;)

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I put a piece of paper on the floor and a water glass on the desk and left them there all week. My mother is obsessively clean, you can't leave things sitting out of place in her house at all. Being able to do stuff like finish a meal and then leave a plate sitting until I finished the chapter I was reading was luxurious. I also went for a walk after dark alone because my mother used to freak out if I did that.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2010