Dog had allergic reaction...how can I help his rash?

Our dog has food allergies, and we usually buy Natural Balance allergy formula dog good, but my husband took the dog with him to our other house for a week, forgot the food, and fed him Alpo (uuuuggghhhhhhhh) and now our dog has a huge rash on his chest and tummy area (it's all red, and he scratched at it so much most of his fur came off too). The Alpo also did a major upset on his tummy, and he lost some weight. He's back home now, with his regular food, and I got him some of the "wet" Natural Balance food to help counter act the weight loss. How can I help his rash? I made hubby bathe him, which has seemed to help with irritation as he's not scratching anymore, but i'm not sure if there is anything else I could or should be doing for him.

milfalicious08

Asked by milfalicious08 at 3:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pets

• Oh, if the itching is gone then I wouldn't really worry about it... as long as he's back on his regular food and the rash doesn't seem to be bothering him anymore then it will just take time for it to get better and for the fur to grow back.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Benadryl
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Benadryl.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• benadryl works
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 9:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• GO WITH THE BENADRYL. It works wonders!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 10:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2010