Does Clomid cause birth defects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, if it is taken when you're already pregnant. My doctor requires that I take a pregnancy test on my day one to ensure that I am not pregnant before I can even pick up the meds. If it is taken before you get pregnant, it does not affect the fetus at all.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Never thought about it however, I took it and got pg with 1st son - he was born with CP took it again 10 years later with hub#2 and we ended up with over stimulating my ovaries then a few  months later was pg with identical twins who were born at 27 weeks - we have 1 survivor. last pregnancy was a surprise all on my own and he was born at 37 weeks at almost 10 pounds.My only one that came home from the hospital the same day I did 

Not really a definitive answer but more to think about. Good Luck with your decision!!

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I took clomid one month and then became pregnant with my son who is now 7. He is more than perfectly normal!!! Very smart and funny! Wonderful child!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Interesting question..... sorry to the person who lost 1 twin... how difficult that must have been, we have also lost a baby.... at 29 weeks. Anyways, clomid kind of scares me just because I dont know and dont trust anything like that
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Oh and ask about Letrozole, it does the same thing as Clomid, but without the side effects.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2010