When I click on the check mark to "Hide" bottom bar on screen, why won't it "Hide"?

Every time I click on the check mark to hide the bar at the bottom of the screen-which is just full of product ads, why won't it work? I click on it and the info bar stays...over and over I try and nothing takes those ads off! The

blessed33

Asked by blessed33 at 5:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• What won't hide?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I am going to guess you mean the meebo IM bar. Click on privacy + settings at the top of any CM page. Sign in if you are asked to, then scroll down to about half way. You will see Show CafeMom Instant Messenger: Make sure the drop down menu shows never and then click save. That will hide it. However when you want to use it you will have to reset it the same way.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It's the whole bar at the bottom...usually an ad in the far left-now is of Sprint, then Data plan info, share page, recent/popular, hot topics, the blank space, then friends online or not, then a beacon symbol, then the last thing is some circle with a stick on the end and it's right in that right corner where a check mark will appear to hide the whole bottom bar if I want to....which I ALWAYS want to...I can't stand that stuff at the bottom....I've hidden it many times, but lately as soon as it pops up and I try quickly to get to it to click on that check mark to hide the bar...some times I can click on it and when I do it just goes back to that other symbol and leaves that bar of info there. sigh.....
    Hope that explains it better....I just don't get why it won't work anymore. Thanks gals!!
    blessed33

Comment by blessed33 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010