PLEASE HELP!!!

Dear cafemom,
I recently had a baby, and Im ahving trouble going to the bathroom. After I gave birth, I was given iron and stool softners at the hospital. Therefore, my first bowel movement was very smooth. But my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and soon to have 5th...are not going so well. When I try to go or slightly push, I get this real bad shap pain...I went to the doc, and I have no hermoroids. Im not constipated or bleeding, because I know I can go, its just I try to hold it as much as I can because it hurts when it first comes out. My doc said, that I had a little tear in my rectal area and thats whats causing the pain, but why once push that first (excuse my french) turd, everything after that doesnt hurt, its just that first turd. I have drank laxatives, water, eaten apples, to soften the stool but nothing....can anyone please help me, why is this happening? HELP!

Marinewife7-18

Asked by Marinewife7-18 at 5:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• drink lots of pickle juice...........it really works!
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 5:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Your most likely re-tearing when you push your first "turd" out. It will heal. Before going to the bathroom, Try putting A&D ointment, or some kind of vaseline on your rectum to soften the skin often & before you go oto the bathroom, this will help.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Its a fissure and YES that is the way they feel. I have dealt with those and hemorrhoids for years now. Keep on the stool softeners and use some cream like prep H to help poo slide out more gently.

Holding in your poo will only make it worse. Fissures usually heal up after a while.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• sounds like fissure's for sure. Use preparation H ointment right before using the bathroom it will help and don't hold it. Makes it worse. Sorry!

After bowel movements always wash the area to promote healing and in between bowel movements maybe squirt some peroxide down there to help with quicker healing. Peroxide has oxygen from the bubbles and where ever there's oxygen there's always healing. Good luck!
    doula1

Answer by doula1 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2010