I think i'm becoming suicidal...

things are getting tough. its getting hard for me n my husband to even talk. he's becoming so impossible, i'm dealing with intense migraines and the last month of my pregnancy. As if things werent tough enough, we're getting really tight on cash,cuz i can't work and my 2 yr old daughter has become such a hellraiser. she's always screaming (migraine on its own) and running around, and i feel like i'm falling apart.i feel like killing myself sometimes, no money for therapy, its getting bad.what should i do??

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 6:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your daughter might be lacking in attention. With all thats going on around you, your daughter is really the one suffering. Do you have any parents or family that can help out with her until the baby is born?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry. {[hugs}}

I don't have any spectacular advice, but I would suggest seeing if someone in your family could take your daughter overnight so you can get a break. Maybe she needs to run off the energy -- what about a playgroup for her? You rec dept. could have cheap activities for her to do.

Killing yourself is NEVER the answer. Think of that baby you are carrying. See if you have a Community Mental Health agency in your area -- they may be able to help you find low cost therapy.

Good luck.
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 7:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Hugs to you..
    I know sometimes churches have a moms morning out (but that might be when school starts back again). If you absolutely feel this way and have no other avenue then I HIGHLY suggest going to a local church and asking for assistance. There are a lot of people there (retired older ladies etc..) that would love to assist you.
    Remember... to BREATHE... try to relax. The sun comes up every morning. Your little one needs you. You are her world. Take her for a stroll each morning outside to hear the birds... something that brings peace.
    imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 7:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Really? You need to be seeing a Dr. not asking well meaning moms what to do. FIRST you need to talk to a Psyciatrist or your OB at the very least, then you can worry about how to parent your 2 yr old or handle your husband. This is serious!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Churches often offer counseling for free. Call the ones in your area and ask for those who offer counseling for those who are struggling. Your daughter needs discipline. She needs to learn that you and her daddy are the authorities in her life and what you say goes. It is not easy to train a child, but it has to be done. You will feel much better if you take control of your home. Books are cheap and there are tons of wonderfully helpful books on marriage and child training. SHEPHERDING THE HEART OF A CHILD by Tedd Tripp, HAVE A NEW KID BY FRIDAY by Kevin Leman, FOR BETTER OR BEST by Gary Smalley, BOUNDARIES FOR CHILDREN by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend, BOUNDARIES IN MARRIAGE by the same authors. There's enough information in those 4 books to replace thousands of hours of counseling.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Talking about suicide is very serious. You need to call your doctor immediately.

It things are too stressful (pregnancy, toddler, no support) then get the "break" you need from neighbors, friends, family, etc allowing them to take your toddler for a bit. YES, your toddler needs attention thru this, she can sense your stress and she isn't the source of your problem. But you need to call your doctor ASAP!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Bless you! CM is a great source of support and encourgement but we all are hearing your cry for help..... call your DR and he will help you medically. If you do not have a church call some close to you and ask for help. Churches are equipped to help you. Now is the time you need to reach out for help. It is normal to be overwhelmed with all that is going on in your life but there are answers for your situation. Sort out what is most important and work on those issues. Great advice from the Moms, give your child a break from the situation and ask family or friends to have your child for some play time. Try to focus on what you need to do for yourself and your child. Do something TODAY for your self by making calls to help you. Lots more to say but will leave it as is for now. You are special to your child and take care of her Mom. Have a blessed day!!!!!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• When I feel like the rain is pouring on me I stop everythings and lock my self in the closet and pray. Take a few deep breaths and put the child down for a nap so that you can have an hour or two to get yourself back together. During that time take a nap yourself or a bath whatever you feel you need. Take time to take care of yourself. I know pregnancy can be tough but hang in there!

1-800-273-talk suicide hotline just incase I'm not sure if you were just using a figure of speech or serious so here's a hotline just incase. There are crisis counselors avail 24-7
    doula1

Answer by doula1 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think your just going through alot and maybe need sometime for yourself. Go on a walk alone or write in a journal. Sometimes it just also helps to cry. God will always provide, the arguing with your husband can be fixed by talking to him and maybe just telling him. "look I don't want to fight but right now I just need to vent, can I tell you whats going on and why I'm soo frustrated?" Do this at a time your both together and you have time to talk, sometimes it's hard to see that your significant other is your biggest support. Brainstorm together on how you can get through things and what will make things easier, bring some ideas to the table and suggest things to make it work. Talk to your little girl and tell her you need her help right now, that your having a baby and you need her to stop scraming and help clean her toys, tell her shes a big girl. and give lots of hugs and kisses she might be feeling jealous. gl.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010