Tell me your success story with low/no carb dieting.....any good recipes to share?

How much did you lose? How long did it take? What were/are your favorite things to eat?

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 7:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i felt like crap, had low energy, my cholesterol went through the roof & gained I all the weight back within 6 months. Through experience, I personally think it's a horrible way to diet.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Really? Last time I did this I felt awesome, (making sure I took vitamins everyday), had lots of energy, my cholesterol dropped 51 pts in 30 days and I kept it off for several years until I broke my ankle and gained a lot of it back.
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have a success story. I lost 50 pounds three times after my three pregnancies, I not only lost weight but shrunk in inches, I loved it and it took me about 6 months or less to loose it. If you want recipes google low carb diets and you will find millions of good recipes. The key here is to follow the maintenance for life, and introduce yourself back to carbs slowly always weighing yourself to see how many carbs works for you, good luck!

Answer by older at 7:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I lost over 10 lbs in one month! Yes, the first few days were really rough, but after that I felt GREAT with loads of energy! Over 3 months my blood sugars dropped to an acceptable level, my cholesterol dropped 100 points and STAYED that way, and my triglycerides dropped over 300 points, all without any drugs! Yeah, I was pretty unhealthy to start with. Since then, I have started eating carbs again, but a LOT fewer. When I do eat breads, pasta, or rice, I feel pretty lousy. I'd much rather feel great!

I LOVE crustless spinach quiche (so do my kids), and I also enjoy salsa chicken, chicken & broccoli dijon stir fry over lentils, beef & broccoli stir fry over lentils, Parmesan chicken (no pasta) with steamed veggie mix, thick vegetable stews, and I can't get enough of my chef salads every day. If you want any of those recipes, let me know!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I loved the low carb lifestyle However in reality I couldn't live it. I felt so good never had headaches. I got a few cook books and the food is delish. So just go on a book web site and do a little research. I have the body for life cook book and I love it. It is not low carb though.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010