my 1 yr old has diarrhea what should i do???

its been two days and all i can think of doing is just giving her water so she isnt dehydrated, but what can i do to help it go away???

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 7:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If I were you, I would give Pedialyte. It helps rehydrate more effectively than water.
    Also, I am not sure at what age kids can eat what anymore, but if they are old enough to have solids. Stop the solids for a little while, and go with things that are solid but easy on the stomach, like bananas, mashed potatoes, crackers, broths.
    If it does not stop soon though, I would contact my pediatrician and see if they wanted me to bring them in.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• lot's of fluids or re-hydration salts
    dad2b1221

Answer by dad2b1221 at 8:01 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Give him/her Pedialyte (you can find it in the grocery store where baby food/formula is sold). It's like Gatorade for babies. If it continues you should call the doctor.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Start the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice (or rice broth), applesauce, and toast. It will stop it right up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• The first thing I did was consult one of my books about babies. There is always lots of good advice in them. And if it goes on for more than 3 days,I would call the Pediatrician's office for more advice. But don't let it continue for too long.It can be dangerous.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• yogurt is good to help slow/stop diarrhea, as long as your child doesn't have milk/dairy issues....give it a try
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Pedialyte and Let it run its course. Thats all the doctors ever tell me when my boys have it. GL
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Pedialyte- if it continues for an extended time. I would call the Pedi to see what they think!
    MrsPeek

Answer by MrsPeek at 12:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Keep up the water. Keep her hydrated. It's most likely a virus that just has to run it's course. If it's still not improved by Fri morning I would call the ped.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010