• In the Spotlight:

Have you used the negative vote down yet?

Why did you use it....... rudeness or you didn't like their opinion?

Do you like this negative school like system?

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 7:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I haven't used it yet. I haven't seen anything that is outright rude. And I will not use it just for a difference of opinion.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I've used it a few times. A couple of times when people were being rude and obnoxious and once when someone went off the topic to tell someone they needed to be saved.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Nope.....I haven't seen anyone being rude yet. I won't use it for a difference of opinion (it is not supposed to be used for that anyway) because everyone is entitled to their own opinion and how can I say mine is better than theirs?
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I use it all the time for various reasons... I don't like what was said or how it was said, if I didn't agree with the opinion, if the response was ignorant and didn't add to the debate or conversation or if I think the person is a bitch who is trying to start drama.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I haven't. Some people are rude, but I get cranky sometimes myself so I don't hold that against them. Maybe they are having a bad day. Why use it for a difference of opinion? We do still have freedom of speech, right? I haven't used it for drama or my button would be over-worked.....LOL! And if someone is flat out wrong, I say so, just like before this new system.

It seems that the "control-filters" have been given to the students, rather than the teachers. The problem is.....some of the students are in Kindergarten and no where near Freshman Level. The "crazy for points" category has been set up so that a 5 y/o can get a driver's license. There is no maturity involved. (No offense to anyone.)

I just don't think it's working the way that they intended it to. I'm glad that they have spent so much time/effort on a would-be solution. I think we are messing it up more....give back the Anon button.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I used it once, used it for plain rudeness, not a difference of opinion. I like it , it gives us the option without having to report it.

Answer by older at 8:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Once again I agree with you. I don't like it when used for a difference of opinion.
    Rnurse

Comment by Rnurse (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have done it twice. Once for complete rudeness and another by accident. I wish they had message pop up that says "are you sure you want to vote this question down?" like they do with best answer.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i used it when a person was flat out wrong, and it really could have scared the poster.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• No
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2010