question about the pill and pregnancy...

This is not an "am pregnant" question. I'm probably not pregnant, but I just feel...."funny". 2 days ago I thought I was starting my period because I was spotting but nothing came of it, i've been having cramps, last night I felt very nauseaus out of nowhere and this morning I feel a bit better but still a little weird. I havent missed a day of my birth control pill and although I cant remember my last cycle I'm sure havent skipped my period. The nurse told me that if I get pregnant while on the pill it's best to abort the baby because the pill can cause problems? I went ahead and took my pill to avoid skipping a day (since I didnt have a way to confirm i'm pregnant), but I feel bad doing so...I mean what if I'm pregnant? I cant even get a pregnancy test till SO gets home from work late afternoon. What are the chances of a health risk for the baby while on the pill and what are they?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 8:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• My oldest was conceived while I was on the pill, I took them until I found out for sure......he's perfectly healthy!

My middle was conceived while I was on the patch......he's also perfectly healthy!

There is no reason to abort just because you're on the pill, there are millions of women that get pregnant while on birth control and their babies end up being healthy.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Mine was concieved on the pill and is a healthy 3 year old.

As long as you stop taking it as soon as you find out you are pregnant, the risks are small.

Like colethky states, there is no reason to abort.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• A good friend of mine was conceived while her mother was on the pill. The mother continued to have some light bleeding every month and didn't realise she was pregnant until a doctor noticed it when she was 5 months pregnant and went for a repeat prescription for the Pill! My friend is perfectly healthy with no ill effects from having been medicated in utero.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 8:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• thank you ladies!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 8:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I also had a baby while on the pill and he is perfectly healthy! The only problems we had at birth were a result of him coming into the world a month early since I can't seem to go past 8 months. I did the same with my second child. I would continue to take your bc pills so you don't get preggo if you aren't already.
    Kittlesdesigns

Answer by Kittlesdesigns at 8:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My son was conceived while I was on the pill and he's perfect! That nurse is a dingbat!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2010