How many of you have mixed children? Or are you yourself mix with another race? What do you mark off on paperwork?

pvn34

Asked by pvn34 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am Caucasian and my husband is puerto rican, born and raised in the US....so yeah, we're going to have a mixed child. We already live in a stereotypical world where people ask him straight out if he's mexican...or does he speak 'mexican'...so i am a little apprehensive about everything.

I'm not sure what we're going to put on the paperwork come January...I noticed on the census this year that Hispanic is no longer considered a 'race' so we had to mark my husband as white/Caucasian, which was odd
    jojolwu

Answer by jojolwu at 8:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• my son is biracial...so we mark the black box and the white box, or maybe the box that says other then both of the other ones.
    mistameanermom

Answer by mistameanermom at 8:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• my husband is mexican and guatamalen. im Caucasian . so when i had to fill out the census it was a little bit confusing. i had to put mexican and guatamalen for hubby, white for me and all three for both kids.
    sometimes the paper work doesnt have anything for my kids race. so i put white and other and then write what it is. good luck
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Technically he is,but its only a quarter Mexican. I don't know if they even consider that "mixed". My son looks totally white,blond hair,blue eyes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My kids are mixed, I am caucasion and my husband is Iraqi and he marks off caucasion on his papers, so that's what I do with the kids too
    sukainah

Answer by sukainah at 9:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm mixed 'white & black caribbean' (on paper) and my partners zimbabwean so i put my daughters race on paper as 'mixed - other'
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My son is mixed, I have taught him to mark the African American box and also the Caucasian box both.
    mistameanermom

Answer by mistameanermom at 9:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2010