HELP! I HAVE A DRAMA QUEEN IN MY LIFE!!!

Ok so my friend is a huge drama queen. Everyday she has a new "issue" to deal with and I'm finding myself avoiding her. I love this person very much and we are great friends. I just don't know if I can handle all her drama! If it's not her family, it's her kids, if not the kids it's other friends of hers. The problem with all of this is that a lot of the drama that is happening she doesnt even need to be involved with. I think she THRIVES on it. What do I do? I don't want to end the friendship but as soon as I start to pull away she gets mad at Me. Ughhhh

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like she is a toxic friend... if you want to pull away from her, what will you be missing by ending the relationship?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Tell her the truth or ignore her when she talks about the drama. Just say Uh huh. Okay.. and brush it off. LOL GL.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Don't fuel her drama by having dramatic responses. Stay calm and maybe make suggestions. Can you have a talk with her and tell her this is just too much for you? If you can live without her don't worry about her getting mad. I had to level with a friend of mine once and it was the end of the friendship. I knew before talking to her that it might end and I accepted that. Think of yourself, and what you need, first. Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• you either have to cut the strings
    or
    make out your grocery list when she drones on about things
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If you want to stay friends than you have to tell her the truth.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If it were me, I would talk to her, tell her I love her company, but I am not in for all the drama!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have a friend like this. I just avoid her to be honest. I feel bad because she is a sweet girl, very funny and generous, but SO much drama all the time!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would tell her the truth. Say I notice you seem to have a lot of drama going on...almost like you need it to be happy. I have to be honest with you, that stresses me out. See what she says.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have had people in my life like this and the only way I know to avoid it is , well, avoid it. Or point it out, but that usually leads to more drama. My sister is a HUGE drama queen and I have learned just not to acknowledge it. When she starts, I change the subject or point out the good in the situation.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Thanks Everyone! Lots of good advice here.
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010