what did your grandparents do for a living?

my papaw (moms dad) retired from general motors.
my mamaw (moms mom) had all kinds of jobs..nurse, secretary, she eventually became a stay at home mom/wife though..due to a back injury.

my granny is a CN
and my dad's dad (who i never see) he's just a rambling man..in and out of prison..nobody can keep up with where he is or where he's going..i've never known him as my grandfather

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All mine were textile factory workers.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My mom's mother and my dad's mother were both stay at home moms.
    My mom's father was a Presbyterian Minister and My dad's father was a supervisor in a paper mill.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• All of mine were farmers.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My dads mom was a nurse and his dad was a truck driver.
    My moms mom was a stay at home mom that worked a farm, her step dad was a truck driver and a farmer, her dad worked for Chrysler and her step mom was a stay at home mom.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• On my mom's side my Pa was in the Army, and then he worked as a farmer, and then in a window factory.
    My My worked as the floor lady in a shirt factory.

On my Dad's side my Grandpa was a farmer, and ran moonshine.
    My Grandma was a stay at home mom.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Granddaddy Charlie- He was a WWII vet (Navy) and a farmer. He also had another job but I am not sure what it was. He died a few months before I was born.
    M'Mere- Homemaker (and an awesome one at that)

Papaw- WWII vet. He had several businesses (some dirty) and he owned rental property. He was not a nice man.
    Mamaw- housewife and she assisted with the rental property business

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My paternal grandfather was in the merchant navy then he worked in a coal yard but he retired on disability long before I came along because hauling coal damaged his back. His wife didn't work, she was a little young to have done anything during the war and then she got married so of course she wasn't working then. I have no idea what my maternal grandfather did. I know he fought in WWII but he wasn't a military man. Pretty sure he was retired before I came along because I remember visiting him during the day as a child.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Two worked in the carfactories. My one grandfather was an auto mechanic, and my grandmother worked as in housekeeping at a hospital, she's going to be 90 and she goes to work two days a week at my aunt and uncles restaurant making homemade pasta.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• mom's side:
    grandpa- painter (mostly grocery stores and stuff)
    grandma- she worked at salvation army, she used to take me with her to work and I would strraighten stuff on shelves and whatnot

dad's side- his mom was a nurse, she died though when he was 7. his stepmom I really don't know- I think she jsut stayed at home
    grandpa was a body man/mechanic...taught my dad everything he knew
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My grandparents were in agriculture and dairy farming. My one grandmother was a nurse and farmed, my grandfather started out farming and became a mechanic and worked in construction. Salt of the earth kind of people. You always helped out your friends, family and neighbors. You always worked hard and did your best. Your word was you bond and you always honored your word. It truly is a lost art now days.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2010