How can I get my preschooler girls to stop with their teenage attitude?

My girls are 3 and 4 yrs old but recently when I talk to them, or ask them to do something, or not do something, they give me attitude. This is extremely annoying and disrespectful. They are good girls, but no one thinks little girls with this kind of attitude is cute. Any suggestions how to curve the "no" and "i don't care, or think so" talk?

mwalden

Asked by mwalden at 9:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't know. It sounds pretty frustrating though. :[ Sorry! I'd take away their privileges and let them know that you have to give respect to get it.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Im glad to know that someone else is having the attitude problems that im having!! It is so frustrating!!! My almost 4yr old dd is acting like she's 16!! for crying out loud! i mean really?!?!?! she is even giving my daycare provider a run for her money!! yikes, i can't wait for it to end! nothing is working for me, no punishments, ignoring, timeouts, nothing works........... SIGH!
    queentokemi

Answer by queentokemi at 10:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2010