Why are YOU passionate about Breastfeeding?

I wrote a journal post here at the cafe (http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1388685/Why_I_am_Passionate_About_Breastfeeding) and wonder if you are also passionate about breastfeeding.

livewell

Asked by livewell at 9:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I am because that is what boobs are for and why they make milk. I prefer not to ever feed any of my children mad made formula again.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I breastfed/bottle fed my children. I am not passionate about it. It's healthy, I did it, it was a great way to bond.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't know if you'd say I'm passionate, but I believe its the best thing for an infant. But then again, it isn't for everybody. You really need to feel comfortable with the concept for it to work.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I am passionate about health and wellness; I am also passionate about the environment and being frugal. Breastfeeding is a part of all three!!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't say I am passionate about it...more that I have a great acceptance for the fact its a part of my natural being. I think its important for a child but also for the mother to be more in tune with her child and more at peace with herself.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It was never a question for me how I was going to feed my child. I wanted to breastfeed because it was so natural and everyone I talked to said it creates this bond between you and your child. I had a rough go but once we got on track it was the best thing I had ever done.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Because breast is best!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Wow, where to start! I am passionate about breastfeeding because......
    It is the healthiest start you can do for your baby,
    It is natural and what a baby was meant to have,
    It saved my first baby's life!,
    It helped me bond with my autistic baby (did not know she was autistic then) She did not like to be touched and nursing was my only snuggle time I got with her.
    And with my last baby I did not meet her till she was 2 weeks old and because I could breastfeed her we were able to bond and I was she helped me recover through that bond!
    I am passionate about breastfeeding because it has been the best life saving, special bonding gift I could give to them!
    momof2little1s

Answer by momof2little1s at 10:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• you make baby, boobs make food for free. what's better than free food? it's gotta be what they need if it comes out of you and they will stay healthier longer because they get their immunities from you. no bad doc appts? i'll take that over runny nose and fever any day.
    mommaislumpy

Answer by mommaislumpy at 10:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• The natural availability , the production is on demand, babies need this, it's always made, never too warm or too cold, perfect food, why, other than the pain, I'd never do bottles, unless it's really not coming out without severe problems, than I quit.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2010