How do you manage to cool your body on a July day when the temperature is 102 F (compared to 98.6 F normal body temperature)?

The " HEAT" is on list your temp and your cool off ideas plz..

MTM

Asked by MTM at 10:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hop in a cool bath; put on a wet T-Shirt; wear next to nothing if possible. We have no AC/Central Air. I'm a tummy sleeper so last night I went to bed with a cool damp towel on my back. (That helped). Freeze some bottles of water, place them in a bowl (so they don't drip water everywhere as they melt. Place the bottle in front of the fan. The air around the bottles will become cooler and the fan will blow the cooler air your way. I've seen at the stores fans with misting bottles. They blows a fine mist of water. Keep the blinds and curtains closed in your house as a way to help keep the sun out and the home cooler. In addition in the heat of the day you can go to the library, window shop at the mall, or even turning on the sprinklers and playing in the water. You don't have to spend money somewhere, just go to a place to get out of the heat for some time. Library, window shopping, are my fav to do because it's "free".
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm at work. It's air conditioned. You can go to a mall or the movies.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• not sure about the temp here today...hot...but I spent a lot of years in Phx!
    take a cool shower-leave your hair wet...go swimming, point a fan your direction...cold drinks...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Air conditioning. Drink lots of cold water.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Aside from Fans and the AC?
    Cold Shower.
    The pool.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2010