6 month baby

My daughter is 6 months, and she keeps her head on left side most of the time, she turns her head left, right but she prefers her left side the most. Is it something to worry about, or this is something normal, please help

silvapoker

Asked by silvapoker at 10:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-44 Credits)
  • Check with your doctor - but my kids all had a side they preferred and are just fine. Don't worry about it, relax, and just write it down so you remember to ask at your next appointment!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Talk to the doctor if you are concerned. My sister's daughter did this. It turned out there was something wrong with her eye. She saw double unless she held her head a certain way. She had a minor operation to fix it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• One of my twin boys was this way. We had to go to a physical therapist to find out ways we could stretch his muscles so he wasn't so tight on one of his sides. I would talk to your Ped about getting a refferal for a phycial therapist. the sooner the better!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2010