Do you have a hoveround, and if so, how did you finally get it?

My mom was looking and she called the company, but hears that no one is getting these devices for extremely long waiting periods. She has been told that the Dr.s aren't willing to do the paper signing to the company. That is ridiculous, does this really happen? People need this device.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• My mother in law had a power chair similar to a hover round. What we did was this, her Dr. had to write a prescription for it, and then I took it to our local medical supply place. They talked to our insurance company, and arranged the rest. We made sure to get everything preapproved through her insurance, but they actually covered all of it!
    Just make sure the doctor writes a script, and that he can provide reasoning for why it is "medically necessary".
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2010