How do you make friends?

I have been out of the loop for a while. Trying to build up my social network again. Sometimes we choose to do things that are not right in order to keep everyone else happy.

Live and you learn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I am thinking it might be easiest to make them with people who have children the age of yours. Get involved in school activities or playdates. That way you have something major in your life that is not going to change. Don't be afraid to contact people you were friends with before your self imposed exile. They maybe be very happy to hear from you.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I usually make friends, with friends of the friends I already have, or through work.

What about getting to know people by joiining a team or taking a class?
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Up until last year the only friend I had was my bestie from H.S. Then I moved to a new city, met my hubbies co-worker's wife, and she introduced me to her good friend. The friend and I hit it off and now we're inseparable.

When the kids were younger I tried to meet people through classes and such. It never worked.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2010