i need help whith geting my son to have bolemovements in the potty any one have any i deales.

he acts as if he is scard of the potty to have a bowl movement buy pees just fine.

shelia205

Asked by shelia205 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son was the same way. He would pee just fine. Then he would hide and poop in his pants. One time I saw him standing there getting ready to poop and I got so mad. I screamed at him "Get on that potty and go poopy!!!" He ran to the potty and pooped. Then when he realized there was nothing to be scared of, he did just fine. It took that push from me. I'm not saying you need to scream, but I think you have to force him to go, to show him it's no big deal.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It's normal for boys to have a harder time going poo poo on the potty then girls. Every boy I know went through that, including my son. You just have to keep putting them on it and don't give up. We ended up letting our son run around the house naked because we knew he wouldn't go on the floor. Mind you, that does not apply to all kids. LOL
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It isn't just boys that are afraid of that. It is common for both sexes to be afraid of it. Sometimes they view it as part of them. Sometimes its because they are too young and just need a little time. Potty training is a journey. They move forward and regress. Tons of positive reinforcement works the best. If you do this, then we will do this. Be with them when they go. It will get easier and easier. I've trained over 200 kids now. Potty training is truly the one thing only the child has complete control over. Hang in there. Patience is the key.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2010