geting married after knowing one and other only for a few weeks?

what is ur view on this?

i have know a guy for 2 weeks. and he all ready wants to get married

if i had come from a normal family i would think thats crazy!!!!

but it seems like the only marriages in my family that have worked

are the ones people "rushed" into

i know its my own choice i just want some advice from and unbiased (sp?)
third party

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I would never do it, but I guess if you know, you know- good luck!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• 3 weeks is not long enough, but that is just how I feel. I was with my husband for 4 years before I got married and we have been married almost 5 years.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think its a little crazy..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would honestly wonder why he was trying to rush things so much.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think it's too soon although if you are willing to work very hard and be kind to one another you may be very happy together.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I could personally never do it because I fear divorce but if you know, you know. Only you can decide what is best for you. The fact that you're on Cafemom asking other women their opinions shows me that you're not 100% sure which is something you really need to take into consideration. Remember, it's easy to get married but harder to get unmarried. (((Hugs)))
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i do not know if i would because i have never fallen like that

dream of it though
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• can i ask how old you two are?

seems too quick if you are young
    but
    if you two are older and have been around the block of love realtionships, then maybe
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My husband and I met on July 6th on July 31st he told me he loved me and a week later he proposed (not as fast as your guy but still pretty quick). We married on May 13th the following year. We have now been together 11 years. We were young and naive. I never thought about the future and really had no expectations what so ever. We got very lucky in that as we grew up we grew together and not apart like so many other couples do. I just knew that he was the one. In past relationships I felt suffocated if I saw the guy two times in the same week, even now a decade later I still ache to see my husband and go stir crazy if we are apart for any amount of time. What does your gut say? What does your heart say? Are they in sync?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Honestly, I don't think that you can possibly learn enough about a person in the span of two weeks to make such a HUGE decision. It's not just about getting to know the facts about each other, but it's about learning how to deal in different situations. Most of the couples I know who have rushed into it regret it. It could work, I'm not saying there's no possibility. I just personally wouldn't do it. I don't see the risk in waiting, but I do the risk in jumping into it. Whatever you choose to do, I hope it works out for the best. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2010