Who knows what a Birth Doula is?

doula1

Asked by doula1 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• One of the best gifts a momma to be could have!
    lillyjohnson11

Answer by lillyjohnson11 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Think of a birth doula as an advocate for the woman in labor. She helps with everything from massaging, explaining what the doctor's going to do, or give the SO something 2 do so that they won't be just sitting there waiting. Its been proved in studies to speed up labor, lower risk of medical intervention, and help with having the "ideal" birth plan for the woman. It also helps with the recovery process. If the woman chooses to bf doulas are trained to help for that as well. The website w/ more info is DONA.org
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 11:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• ME!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• moral and physical supporter for the mom during labor

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• ME!!!! I want to be one. She helps give support to the women before, during and after labor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I do I do
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I had one when my oldest son was born. I didn't find her to be all that helpful - there were some medical issues and she ended up scaring me more than anything. I didn't have one with any of my other births.
    +

Answer by missanc at 11:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• @ Braden- Contact CAPPA.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• missanc... that sucks you had a bad experience.. but there is good & bad out there no matter what.. drs. obgyn.. nurses.. midwifes.. doula..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i plan on using a doula with my midwife. i hear its the best thing you can do! the doula just watches over you and stays with you during the entire labor- and can help with massaging and such..
    jesi817

Answer by jesi817 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010