Should I bring all of my kids or just have a mother/daughter day?

I work at a local bakery and tomorrow our boss is letting us have a take your kid to work day. I have 6 kids and 3 aren't in their teens (I'm positive my teens wouldn't go anyway.) Should I bring all 3 of the younger ones or just have a mother/daughter day with my only daughter?

nyraerikson

Asked by nyraerikson at 10:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Up to you..but if it was me I would take them all.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would take them all if you can.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would take them all.♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Depends on what your dynamics have been with them lately. Have you been spending enough time with all of them? If not, take them all. Has your daughter had a special mother-daughter time with you lately? If not, consider taking just her. Depending on how old they are, you could ask. It would also depend on what the alternative is - will the boys be in a fun environment while your daughter goes to work with you? Do you feel their need to be included is greater, or your daughter's need to have some special m-d time is greater?
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It's been awhile since my daughter and I have had any bonding time, and the younger boys would be with their older brothers so it's not like they would be bored. thank you for the advice
    nyraerikson

Comment by nyraerikson (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• You could always try to take them all. I would ask the boys if they want to go so they feel included and if they dont want to then you could take just your daughter and have that mother/daughter day. But if the boys do want to go i would take them because they might not get another chance to go to work with their momma. And you could always have a mother/daughter day some other time.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• With me it would depend. If they all generally did good together, and I did not feel like I needed extra time with one or the other, then yes I would take them all. That being said, with 6 kids it is bound to be tough to get any quality one on one time, so if I felt I needed that with just my daughter, then by all means take the opportunity to get it!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• it's depends on a lot of things, but 3 kids in a bakery could get hairy and possibly dangerous.
    I'm going to go against the masses here and say just take the daughter, but plan to some something special with the other kids on another day.
    I don't agree with the idea that all kids are to get the exact same privileges at the same time. my mom was like that for a long time, and my sister can't stand the idea of my being able to do things that she can't- even if she doesn't want to do them in the first place!
    And we are both now in our late 30s!

I say take the one daughter and make it a special day with the 2 of you.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Have a Mother/Daughter day. I think it'd mean a lot to her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Take the oldest this year and if it happens again take the next oldest all the way down.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010