Vaginal Discharge at 38 Weeks pregnant?

I'm going to be 38 weeks pregnant with my second on Friday. I've had a greenish yellow discharge for a few weeks now. It's pretty fluid and comes out a lot. Since Sunday I have this really thick white stuff coming out. Is this my mucous plug?

jdhshamoo

Asked by jdhshamoo at 11:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had that too, although not green in color. I called my doctor about it, and he said it was normal. I'd call and ask just to make sure.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would call a my doctor.. You can never be to careful.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• mucus plug is white thick stringy...could be infection id call your doc
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 11:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I had green discharge a few weeks back and it freaked me out cause I had never had that in my life, the first thing I did was go to my "what to expect when your expecting" book and it took me to two different pages, the first one said it could be an STD i flipped out. I am married and only have one partner then the second page said it could be a yeast infection. I made the first appointment I could to my doctor and sure enough I had a very bad yeast infection. I'd let your doctor know so they can treat it, especially if your almost gonna deliver. I heard that sometimes a baby can get a yeast infection in his/her mouth if delivered vaginally and the mother has an untreated yeast infection.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• my mucus plug was yellowish and really stringy and tinted with blood. I think that kind of discharge that far along is pretty normal...I always had lots of discharge towards the end. but if you're really concerned, call your doc!!!
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010