when is it time to let go?

i have a good friend and it seems lately she has been avoiding me.I know she is not happy with her life and i think she is jealous because mine is opposite if hers.I just want to let her know that we need to end the friendship.should I say something or just ignore her and let the friendship die out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• If she is avoiding you already, it would seem that all that would be necessary to end it would for you to just stop trying to contact her. A very wise man once said that if you are the only one working on a relationship, no matter who it is with, then you should let it go. I have found that to be very good counsel.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Why end the relationship instead of trying to repair it??
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 11:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Don't walk away from her if she needs you. It sounds like she needs a support system. If you care about her, help her out.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Why would you want to end it? I would talk to her and see what the problem is & see if it can be fixed.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have a similar situation, but it is with my sister. It hurts so much because she has withdrawn from me and we have always been very close. But, as you say, she is unhappy in her life and I think she might see something in mine that she wishes she had. She won't return my phone calls or comment on my facebook messages or posts. Once I processed my hurt, I just continue to make myself available when she does reach out and pray for her. I don't think cutting her off would be the right thing. I did try to to talk to my sister and she insists nothing is wrong, but her actions speak in contradiction to that. I'm sorry she is hurting, and thereby hurting you. I would say just hang in there and be there when and however she will let you.
    mommyheymommy

Answer by mommyheymommy at 11:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think that you as a friend should be supportive in your relationship with her, regardlessof your suspicions of jealousy, you now have a friend in need, and a true friend does not bail out.

Answer by older at 11:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• When she needs you then she will call... But if your a good friend you would ask her if things are fine and if she needs anything
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Honestly, if it were my friend, I would sit down and have a heart to heart talk with her. Tell her what is bothering you about the friendship, and see if she is willing to fix it.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Talk to her. It sounds like she needs a friend and doesn't know how to reach out
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 11:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Just ignore it and let it go. If she contacts you be civil, but you don't have to do anything more then that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2010