How can i get rid of really bad indegestion ?

I kept waking up last night because I have alot of pain just below my brestbone... it feels like a big bubble that is stuck or a really bad cramp..it hurts so much ... I tried drinking fizzy pop ...didnt work... I am not sure what else to try but I NEED help asap....

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• Try not eating meat, your body goes through hell digesting it.

Answer by older at 11:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I havent ate meat in almost 2 days but this just started last night..
    glamomomo

Comment by glamomomo (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sometimes meat takes weeks to digest, and it rots in your stomach. Try drinking fluids for a day, juices and lots of any other liquid like soup, flush whatever is ailing you out. I also know for a fact that basil is really good for the stomach make a tea with it and drink it.

Answer by older at 11:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If it is an OTC medication you want for short-term and fast relief, then get something like Mylanta, Maalox or Tums (chewables or liquid makes no difference). If you long-term relief for more frequesnt heartburn symptoms, then something like Zantac, Pepcid AC or Prilosec is better.

To avoid future heartburn episodes, limit your intake of acidic & hard to digest foods like alcohol, citrus, sodas, sugary sweets and meats. Also avoid overeating, lying down soon after eating and being overweight.

Hope you feel better soon!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2010