Stress can cause sickness ??

Stress can cause sickness? Today I feel myself so sick...
I've been very concerned about many things and today when I was working I felt a smell of orange and I felt a strong desire to throw up, is this normal?
Today all the smells bother me ... I must be very nervous ..

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 11:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• Stress can cause all kinds of havoc in your body, take control of your emotions and chill out.

Answer by older at 11:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• maybe your pregnant
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• yes it can
    SpiritMoon

Answer by SpiritMoon at 11:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yup, stress causes a lot of things- hunger/not hungry, sleepiness/ not sleeping, fatigue, etc.
    Try to relax and not think of the stress, it isn't easy and it sometimes doesn't work but if you can reduce the stressful feelings then you may feel better.
    Nakor21

Answer by Nakor21 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Oh yes!  Stress can wreck all sorts of havoc with your body which includes compromising your immune system.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Stress effects everything! It changes the rate of your heart, it can lead to highblood pressure and all sorts of other things. Long term, unmanaged stress can lead to depression, as it alters the brain chemistry. AND if you are already sick, stress can impair your immune system so that getting well takes longer. It is important to learn all the many ways stress affects the body, mind and spirit.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 2:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Stress can do any number of things. I'm not sure about the smell thing, I smell something all the time but no one thinks it's stress (even me). Of course I know it can do bad things. I did lose a lot of hair to stress and I had problems with my eyesight. My eyes would twitch and it was horrible. It was so bad I had to stop driving at night. I knew what it was but the Dr. didn't believe in that stuff so he wouldn't help me get time off. I had to quit my job. After bunches of Drs and tests and meds it went away after 2 weeks of quitting.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010