trying metformin after 5 months of clomid

Hello ladies so I've been ttc for about 18 months got on clomid for 5 months and had a miscarriage, I had given up until my physician suggested I go on metformin so I'm going start it on friday.... I'm very happy an nervous has anyone gotten preg on only metformin? How long did it take?

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 11:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Good for you!! I know several moms who have gotten pregnant after a couple of months on glucophage. :) It was actually an reproductive endo in our area who first pioneered using glucophage to help women get pregnant. Its such an inexpensive treatment I am glad to see more doctors getting on board with it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I took it 4 times a day for 7 months, only had one period, and got pregnant with my 2nd child. I don't know for sure if the Met. had anything to do with it or not. I have been taking it for the past 2 years and am now taking clomid but no luck yet. A bit of advice though- start out slow on the Metformin to help avoid tummy troubles. Good luck! : )
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• im having polycyctic ovarian syndrome.im taking metformin (2gm)daily for two years.its a good medicine .its improves ur chances of pregnancy.but u should avoid frizzy drinks,sugary stuff like candies,chocolates,cakes.try to have whole grains,fresh fruits,lots of berries and vegetables.best of luck.hope to get u pregnant soon.
    farah90

Answer by farah90 at 3:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Thanks everyone I'm so excited I'm starting of one tablet a day and then going to three tablets a day
    bxmommy2be

Comment by bxmommy2be (original poster) at 8:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010