6 months baby

My daughter is 6 months, and she keeps her head on left side most of the time, she turns her head left, right but she prefers her left side the most. Is it something to worry about, or this is something normal, please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I already answered this one, but call the doctor if you are concerned. We are just mothers. If you have a real medical question, call the doctor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Most babies have a preference like that, it does not sound like something to worry about.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Ask her doctor and maybe an eye doctor. I would say she either just prefers it or it could be torticollis or unevenly focused eyes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My friends son had that and they called it Torticollis. Usually because of how the baby might be positioned in the womb or through some kind of trauma during delivery. If this is what it is it's easily fixed with physical therapy. (Stretches you do at home)
    silly2plustwins

Answer by silly2plustwins at 12:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My son did the same thing from like 3 to 5 months. My pedi said that since he could look both ways when he wanted to it was judst a preference and he would quit. And he did. It was gone by his 6 month appointment.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My daughter has torticollis. She would turn to the right and then tilt to the left. The torticollis from turning to the right all the time caused her to have a flat spot on the back of her head (plagiocephaly.) She now wears a cranial band. She's been wearing it since she was about 7 months old. She's 10.5 months now and will actually get it off next Tuesday. Yay!! I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. She goes to physical therapy for the torticollis and we do two different types of neck stretches at least 5 times a day. She's gotten over her preference for turning to the right, but still tilts her head slightly. Besides the neck stretches there were some other things we did to help her turn to the left. When I cook dinner or clean up from dinner, I would put her in her high chair with some toys but I would have the chair turned so that she would have to look to the left to watch me. CONT.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• And until she was crawling, anytime I put her on the floor for floor time, I would always sit so that she had to turn to the left to watch me. Things like that. If your daughter's is so bad that she has a flat spot I definitely think you should get moving with talking to your doctor because once they get a certain age, only surgery can fix the problem. The cranial band is only good while they are really little (I think under 18 months.)
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2010