Does anyone live with sciatic nerve pain?

I have a bulging disk, protruding disk, and deterioration on 3 disks in my lower back. I live pretty much in constant pain with my sciatic nerve that goes down my left leg. I have tried physical therapy (made it worse), chiropractic care (made it worse), medication, and epidural injections. The injections work for a couple of months, but then the pain always comes back full force. Any suggestions?

Jakesmom623

Asked by Jakesmom623 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• I have tried different things as well but i am still in pain daily... sorry could not help
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My dad has it, and pretty much all that you have listed as well. He did the cortizone(sp?) injection once, and it worked like you said for a couple months, but he was so freaked out by a needle going into his back he's never gone back. Occasionally it will REALLY bother him, but for the most part he just does strengthening exersizes that build the muscles up around that area. He has/does go to the chiropractor and it's helped him a lot....I would try another chiropractor.
    Other than that, I think they can do surgery.....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree with CAGirl.  Try another chiropractor.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sounds like you are a candidate for surgery . Sorry, you have done about all there is to do before surgery.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I lived with it until I had back surgery. I haven't had hardly any problems since, and that was 17 years ago when I was in high school. Back surgery is TOTALLY worth it to get out of pain. It is much simpler procedure now, and although you woudn't be able to lift things or drive for two weeks, that is so much better than everyday for no telling how long.
    momtotwins

Answer by momtotwins at 2:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• This is a very painful experience, it is best that you have a regular check-up to avoid this from developing. Pinnacle Recall

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 2:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2012