Where do you start cleaning in the house if the whole house needs attention???

Its so dang hard to keep up with the daily chores. The laundry needs every day and the cooking needs every day attention And the kids rooms. Plus the husband at the end of the day ugh!!!

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Kitchen first, bathrooms next, main areas next, bedrooms last.
    Spazz0828

Answer by Spazz0828 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I start with the kitchen, then go on to the living room, then the bathrooms, then on through the house...
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• For me, I always start in my kitchen. I am kind of OCD about my kitchen though, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i start in the livingroom and work my way through to the dining room into the kitchen then the bathroom and into the bedroom. then i do floors. and by then it's clean. i have a small apartment though.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Go from room to room. Pick upstairs or down. Then just pick a room and attack it. Then move on to the next. My house is a pigsty right now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Usually the living room.. then the kitchen..then the bathroom..then the bedrooms.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I always start with the kitchen. With the kitchen I know what has to be done so it's easier and it gets me started, which is always the hardest part. Once I get started I'm fine. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I start my day with a clean kitchen. I make sure that all is well before I go to bed, and having that done is a HUGE motivating factor.
    If you take 5 seconds to do something small when it needs to be done, it won't take 15 minutes later.

I do understand, but its just a matter of getting into a routine- it was so hard for me with my first child, and living on my own at 17. But, I learned how, and it seems that as time goes by, and you find your groove, it gets better.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I start in the kitechen and then jump from room to room until its all done. Because all rooms need swept and mopped...so I do all that at once. I spray down the bathroom with my cleaning stuff and put the toilet bowl cleaner in and let all that sit for a few while I go tend to another task like wiping down the kitchen counters or something then go back to bathroom to finish up. ALl the while, running back and forth to do the laundry.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I start at one end of the house or the other. If the vaccum is in my bedroom from the last time, I start there, clean my bathroom, then go on to the other bedrooms, bathroom, living room, computer room, kitchen, dining room. If it was left in the dining room from last time, I start there and work my way the other way. LOL
    2protectivemom

Answer by 2protectivemom at 12:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2010