How do you get kids to clean???

Do I make it a game or do I frustrate myself???

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Don't give them an option of not cleaning. if it's a tot, make sure that you start small. They can't handle "pick up your toys" They need it broken down. "Pick up your blanket and put it on the bed' Then "pick up your firetruck and put it..." Start young so they know it's expected of them. As they get older you can make broader requests.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• The fun stuff doesn't start until the work is done here. So, we get up, eat breakfast, get dressed and clean. After it's all done for the day, we'll play and have fun. We offer $2 per week allowance. She knows what's expected of her and what needs done and she is well aware of the consequences for not doing her part.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Play beat the timer. Set a timer, and say lets see who can clean their room and get it done before the timer goes off.

Also, I have them clean their room before nap time, meal time and bed time. So that way the room isnt a huge mess and overwhelming.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2010