I still look pregnant! UGH!!!

I have been dieting and exercising and I have lost weight and gotten into shape everywhere except my stomach! No matter what I do it still looks like a 4-5 month pregnant stomach! I wasn't too worried about it until my fiance's family members (3 different people/times) commented on it. Actually joking asking when the next one was due! AGHHH! I realize that they are rude jerks but obviously it is a real issue or they wouldn't have said anything. Sorry for the outburst, any tummy slimming tips that actually work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• have you ever tried pilates? it is awesome!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I looked "pregnant" up to 5 mos after I delivered. Now I'm just fat but it has nothing to do with pregnancy and everything to do with quitting smoking.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sorry, I have the same problem. Just try and focus your workouts on your mid-area and remember to eat well, often, and watch portion sizes.

I'll let you know if I ever find a solution that doesn't involve mom-jeans lol.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 12:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• When you are walking around consciously use the muscles to pull your stomach in - like you would do if you were looking at yourself sideways in the mirror. Much more effective than crunches.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I am with you, I probably look about 3 months pregnant kind of in that stage of pregnancy where you look fat but not pregnant enough...I am also trying to diet, I agree with happy2bmom25 on the pilates, they do work alot on your core muscles. Prior to my pregnancy with my LO I was very active, I lost weight during the pregnancy but gained it all back and this was almost a year ago. it's been tough. I am sorry those comments were made to you, they are rude and I would of gotten my feelings hurt, but use it for motivation to shut them up instead!

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Well how long has it been since you had your baby? You need to give your body time to get back to normal. Lots of cardio will help though....try doing intervals.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010