What's your home business story? :)

I don't want to see a sales presentation. I'm not interested in how old your company is or whether or not they're "debt free." I don't want to go to your website and give you my personal information so that you can give me a call back. I want to hear what your business has done for YOUR LIFESTYLE! How much money do you make? What, if anything, would you change about how your business works? How much time do you spend working your business every week? These are the important things, imo. Verification of these things is also something I'm interested in. I don't expect for you to send me a copy of your checks or anything, lol, but maybe a screen cap or something? I dunno. Remember: Facts tell, stories sell! :)

JessicaG45342

Asked by JessicaG45342 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• I find this interesting actually and I also personally think i have nothing to hide, and I put my pride and joy into what I do. I work with Rpe-paid Legal Services, and it is my UT MOST belief that they provide a service that EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN needs, will need or has needed..they also provide a 5 point Identity Theft Protection. i have been doing it for just shy of 9 mos. I put in roughly 20 hours a week..I make a very FT income...They Directly Deposit to my checking account...What else, oh I mostly work online..FB, here and other message boards. I develop relationshiops with people..and answer all questions I can, or I find the answer. Everything the company does is PUBLIC, they are NYSE traded so they have to be..They have the best credentials, another reason I love them. I have nothing to sell and only to educate. have made about 10K since Oct PT, and I make approx. 1-2 K per month on my own.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I started my business in 2008 on a part time basis worked completely around my full time job and family. I spend about 15 hours a week working my business and about another 4 hours just getting organized as far as bookkeeping, notes, etc. If I could change one thing it would be the ability to work my business more full time so it grew faster. I have made enough income to have our family vacation this year in spite of losing $19,000 of income from my job. I make a very decent part time income in hopes of replacing my full time income within 12 months. I will not send anyone proof of my income because that is based on how I work the business and may not be what others will make (may be more may be less) I also get paid on my sales with cash so there are no screen shots to show other than what I have been paid through the company. Find something you enjoy doing and the money will come.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• What is your business, though? Is it a network marketing-type business, or is it something that you decided to do all on your own? :) I haven't found a hobby or anything that I really just LOVE doing that there seems to be any need for, lol. It's a tad bit discouraging, tbh. Getting paid what I'm worth, not what someone else wants to pay me, is something that I've been trying to do for years, now. It's just difficult to set a price, lol. Thanks for your answer! :)
    JessicaG45342

Comment by JessicaG45342 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I am in Direct Sales w/ Gold Canyon Candles. I have been doing this business for a short period of time and loving it! I think I like it so much because I am in love w/ candles for one, and the fact that I get to get out and meet new people, plus can work as little or as much as I want. If I have time during the day I will work, if I don't I know I can put it off til later or the next day. I have a great upline, which I think is most important because of the support, training, and Ideas.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• How do you promote your business? Over the phone? With a website? Home parties? Tell me more... :)
    I ask, because if you're doing something successful, I want to do it, too! :)
    JessicaG45342

Comment by JessicaG45342 (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't really understand. Are you asking for information for a reason? I don't like the whole interrogation thing you are doing. If you want to find out about home based businesses, etc... google. Thoroughly research each and everything out there. I am not just going to hand you information that I have worked hard to get... that's called trolling the top waters. Not gonna go there.
    Anonymous

• Well, going to google will definitely give me business pages, but I'm looking for personal experiences. I don't mean to sound like I'm interrogating. I'm sincerely curious and trying to learn how home businesses work and the habits of people who are successful within their businesses. Sorry if you were offended. :)
    JessicaG45342

Comment by JessicaG45342 (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm a consultant with La Bella Baskets and just started 2 weeks ago and my experience has been so great!! I just got paid this week!! I love helping moms work from home and this is the best!! I don't have to sell if I don't want to and no inventory,no quotas,no parties!! Plus they give you 200 free leads every month, no chasing friends and family!! I love my home business!!! :)

Have a great day!!
    Jen
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I was looking for something that I could do at home when I was working FT...then gave up because nothing struck me as truly something that could be that lucrative until I went to a friends house for an Arbonne presentation. What I learned about the products and the business completely struck me as something that was going to be huge. I fell in love with the products and researched everything about them. As a finance major, I am very meticulous about researching timing, trends...it is the right business at the right time. I spend about 15 hours a week doing my business. There have been hiccups in my life where I have not worked and then had to start over....not a good thing. I quit my job after shortly starting my business and my life is great.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 6:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Jen: That sounds pretty fantastic! I might have to look into that! Do they give you phone leads or email leads? :)

Happymom: I've seen a lot of people say similar things about PPL! I've thought about joining, myself, but I just don't think I can afford it every month until it starts to pay off. How much support have you gotten from your upline? I mean, if you can't answer a question or you have a question of your own, do you have a supportive team? Does PPL even use teams...? lol :)

Marywoz: I went to an Arbonne spa party once. It seemed like a pretty great business opportunity. Could you tell me more about it? :)
    JessicaG45342

Comment by JessicaG45342 (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010