Having the hardest time juggling between a full time SAHM, and a Full time online student.. Thinking about calling it quits, but it makes me wanna cry everytime I think about giving up. What is wrong with me?

My situation: 24 yrs old, Mother of 2 girls ages 2 yrs & 6 mos old, Full-Time Student & SAHM. Hubby works in another state & comes home only on weekends. Can't afford a sitter/daycare, etc. Family members don't want to help cuz they think the baby is handful, OK time to vent...

Hi there, I am the youngest of a family of 5 & became a mother at a young age. I always feel like everyone is telling me how I should live my life & what I should be doing. Older sisters & parents asked me to move back to AZ to be near family & so they can spend time with my girls, Hubby & I decided this would be great as to have a permanent home to raise our girls. During this time my family hinted the idea that this would be a great opportunity for me to finish my school online & they would help of course. However this is not what happened. I fell down some steps, broke my foot & now in a cast.... STILL MORE TO COME...

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Nothing is wrong with you. Just keep telling yourself this is only temporary. You will make it through this. Good Luck and PM me if you ever need to talk or vent.
    geminy22

Answer by geminy22 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would like to give you the do not quite speech but before I do that you are going to have to schedule time to do the online classes you should do it either early in the morning or late at night. Its possible even if you only do it twice a week. It can be done. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• (Continued) So I am in this cast with limited mobility, I have to maintain a home, clean, cook, take care of the girls basic needs, teaching the infant to crawl and the toddler to count and recognize words. I cant do my homework or study with the girls because its a distraction and I cant concentrate. By the time the girls are ready for a nap or bed I am so exhausted. My family make plans to come over to help, but when the time comes they bail out or they leave somewhere & sometimes dont even call to let me know their plans change. Its causing a lot of friction & tension between hubby & I because I am always complaining & he don't want to hear it. I am always worried, I think about bills that need to be paid, I think about how I am going to get my baby weaned from me, I think about how to teach the 2 yr old numbers, words, colors, etc. (MORE TO COME...)
    navajomama7

Comment by navajomama7 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• THANKS LADIES.. (CONTINUED) I think about my school work, I think about what needs to be cleaned. even in bed I am thinking about something, All these thoughts turn to worries and then I get nauseated and sick to my stomach like I wanna throw up! What is wrong with me?
    navajomama7

Comment by navajomama7 (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Perhaps you should talk to some of the other local moms. There might be a few who are willing to watch yours so you can do the class thing, if you watch theirs so they can go out to dinner (ect). You should also consider talking to your local food-assistance office; I don't know about yours but the one by my house offers subsidized daycare for low-income families. If he is the only one working, you might qualify. If you have any young family members they might be able to help, too-- my nephew is 11, and I am sure he is old enough he could help do light house-cleaning or light child-caring. He would probably do it for a used video-game too (some of them run as little as $5).

I would ask as well, rather than maybe sending my kids off with the family, some of the family could come visit and help you out.

About the colors/words things, I found a copy of Your Baby can Read on Craigslist for $25. Maybe you could try --
    OmbreGracieuse

Answer by OmbreGracieuse at 2:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• something like that, or something like Freecycle (if you've never heard of it, I stronly urge you take a look!).

If you need anyone to talk to, I'd be happy to help.

Good luck!!
    OmbreGracieuse

Answer by OmbreGracieuse at 2:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I forgot too!! My old school offered a scholarship designed for moms- you might be able to qualify for daycare assistance through your online school- either that or what is called a Cost of Living Stipend. It might even be listed as a 'reimbursement.'
    OmbreGracieuse

Answer by OmbreGracieuse at 2:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• You are stressed out to the max girl, but don't give up this will not last forever! bumped ya!

Answer by older at 2:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I've been there. I worked fulltime, had 2 boys, had another girl and went to school fulltime. Sleep was a luxury during this time. And no one babysit or helped me out. There was no time for me. Housework was not first on my to do list. It takes major dedication, the ability to accept that you can not be perfect and balance it all, and complete committment. In the end when you receive your diploma, it all falls into place and it is well worth it. Keep your head up and you will make it just fine!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Okay, I am 25 years old, I have 3 kids, one more on the way, my hubby is only home one day a week. I also take care of my physically disabled mother and father at the same time, AND started online classes in February. Trust me, I think I can relate to your situation. First, you need to make a schedule of your day. Have specific times to eat, play, teach, etc. Try to keep the baby on schedule, but if she is like my kids, we never really had much of a schedule. Also, put study time and school time in that schedule. While your kids are watching tv, or doing a craft, that is when you should get some school time in. I know you are tired, but if you put your girls in bed by 7, then you can get some school work done while they are sleeping and be in bed by 8 or 9. You can get chored done while kids are awake. Have them help out. The 2 year old is old enough to be able to help a little bit. continued...

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010