Spin off about the question I just wanna cry

A mom asked a question regarding her DD and the dentist. She was told her DD had a cavity in every tooth in her head. Conversationally, I asked her where she took her DD. I just wondered if any of you moms out there have had experience with Small Smiles Dental Clinics. If you did, what was it like? We have one in our area, I took my DD, they told me she had 13 cavities...13! I got a second opininon and she had 1. 20/20 did an expose on these clinics and they have been sued multiple times. So, do you have one in your area? Will you keep going? Google is full of articles and youtube interviews from moms who had terrible experiences there...it is worth the read.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am suppose to take my daughter to the dentist for the first time this year and am so paranoid about this because so many dentist say kids have cavities and they don't.. It should be against the law and at their age a second opinion should be required!
    l0v3myg1rl5

Answer by l0v3myg1rl5 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Wow, I hadn't heard of this. We take our DD to a locally owned/operated little pediatric dentist, but I don't think we even have one of those around here.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• We don't have one, and I'm glad we don't. Sounds crazy!
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If you look at this on youtube and see this mom...it is awful! Just wanted you all to beware of what was going on behind the sceens on this place. I cannot believe they are allowed to continue practicing. They literally were coached to fill a daily quota of certain dental procedures. How they were getting this crap past the insurance companies is beyond me...I thought you had to have documentation of the NEED for a procedure.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2010