How do you make cheesecake?

Does anyone have any good recipies for cheesecake? Not the no bake kind but the actual made from scratch type of cheesecake.

geminy22

Asked by geminy22 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• What kind do you want to make? Plain or flavored? Plain one would need some kind of topping to go with it, or at least that is the way I like it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Baked Cheesecake
    Ingredients:
    Crust:
    2 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
    1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
    Filling:
    1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup milk
    Dash of salt
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    2 eggs
    Topping:
    2 Tbsp. sugar
    1 cup sour cream
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    Directions:
    1. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter, press into buttered 8 inch pie plate to form crust on bottom and sides.

2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add in lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, salt and vanilla.

3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour filling into crust.

4. Bake at 325F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.

5. Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar, sour cream, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake then bake for 10 minutes longer. Chill for 5 hours
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• What kind would you like?? I have several hundred that I make...I'm a Pastry Chef turned SAHM...some faves of my family and clients are: Chocolate Truffle, Raspberry Chocolate swirl, Reese's PB cup, Butterfinger, Turtle, and others...pm me and I can give you some recipes.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Do you have a spring form pan? I find those a must. You can purchase one at walmart You need parchment paper too. I take the parchment paper and place it in the bottom of the spring form then close the sides around it so the paper is lining the bottom. grease the whole thing and put my crust on-top of that.
    I have this cook book call ed the joy of Cheese cake I love it. It has loads of recipes for crusts cheesecakes and toppings. I could copy one for you. HOwever I need to know what type of cheese cake your lookiing to make. I understand it is a baked one. What do you want it to taste like. Dry, creamy, tart? Are you talking about a ny tall cheese cake or a short hard one?
    Another thing to think about is the crust--I prefer a gram cracker one. Some people like short bread. The one thing I really love about cheese cake is it is so adaptable. Read up on water baths too. I always use a water bath.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010