How can I keep my husband from calling my job several times a day?

He calls for the sillies things like wheres the peanut butter or was he sleeping when i left! I tell him hello im trying to work here. lol

TinaFabulous

Asked by TinaFabulous at 1:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• If it's truly a problem at work; as in your boss will get mad or it's really disturbing you and affecting your ability to get work done, then just tell him that. If it's not, and it's just because of little things and it gets tedious receiving the calls, I would say be happy that he calls you and you have interaction during the day. I think it's kind of cute.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Tell him the same thing you would tell your kids. "Don't phone me at work unless it's really important or an emergency."
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• LOL.. I would just tell him your boss is getting mad so he can't be calling there anymore.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Wow just tell him there are certain times he can call you give him the times and stick to them. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• get a text messaging plan. He needs to stop calling you at work. My ex used to do it just cuz he wanted to make sure I was at work. If I missed his call, he would page me. It got to the point that my boss answered and told him to cut it out. He never paged me again, but he would leave rude messages. We text now when he has our daughter, and its basic things...this works MUCH better.
    Spazz0828

Answer by Spazz0828 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Talk to him about it, tell him you are too busy to talk. Or even lie and say your boss said something about it and he should limit it to 1-2 times a day or something.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• What SuperrMommyy said.
    brittanyjo85

Answer by brittanyjo85 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Have a talk with him and explain it to him in a nice way that you need him to only call at certain times of the day if at all. Be firm but not aggressive.
    TinaP0223

Answer by TinaP0223 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If you have caller ID on your phone...USE IT!! LOL :o) My husband and I have a system....If I call and he's busy, he will let my call go to voice mail. If why I'm calling is a TRUE emergency, then I hang up when I get voicemail, and call him back immediately. He knows that if I call twice in a row, that it HAS to be important. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010