Do you think it is so okay to have a few drinks when your LOs are in bed?

It has been forever since I have had any alcohol. But I was thinking of getting some tonight and drinking a little since SO is on vacation and doesn't have to work tomorrow. Do you think its okay, as long as LO is in bed and there is someone sober in the house in case there is an emergency or something?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it will be just fine. You need to relax!! Do something for you. As long as your child is sleeping,and there is a sober adult in the house, I think you should go for it.
    brittanyjo85

Answer by brittanyjo85 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• yes as long as some one in the house is responsible and sober. why not?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sure, why not? Mommy's need a break too! As long as you don't get super drunk & your LO is definitely asleep. Enjoy!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Of course..just have common sense and dont get drunk
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• sure. I have one of those buckets of margarita mix with the spicket in the freezer downstairs. I have myself a margarita a couple of nights a week after hubs gets home from work. Nice way to relax and settle down in the evening.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sure. Just don't get drunk!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sure, its fine. Its just not fine when you see these families where the adults are all drunk and stumbling all over and fighting out in the front yard and the kids and running around outside at midnight unsupervised acting crazy,lol.
    We used to host small poker parties after the kids would be in bed and we'd have a few drinks...dh doesnt really drink that much..its hard for him to even finish a whole beer so he's always sober and it makes me a little more comfortable with it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Don't see a problem with that, go for it enjoy!!!!

Answer by older at 1:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yes, it's fine. Like the others said don't get drunk. Remember Moms with hangovers and children don't mix.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Have a drink or two , sure - no problem - but I wouldn't go about getting completely sloshed out of my mind as the hangover you'll end up with in the morning won't be conducive to dealing with your little ones in the morning.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010