Are you on any type of public assistance?

We aren't now, but when we were first starting out we did get food stamps and medical cards. Also WIC. My sister in law was talking down about people who get things like that the other day and I got so mad, because she was raised on that type of thing, and I was telling her it was fine as long as people tried to make things better and get off of it as soon as they can. What do you think?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm on a medical card & a link card, but I work for everything I have!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I am not on Public Assistance.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• With all do respect, I think these types of questions are always shit starters. There are a lot of ladies out there that for some reason take it as a personal slap in the face if you are on PA of any kind. If they would take the time to google just what percentage of their tax dollars go toward poverty, they would be amazed at the fractions of a cent that is taken. Some people just like to feel they are better. If you need welfare, that is what it is there for. There will be abusers in all situations. They give everyone else a bad name. My DH was on unemployment for over a year before he got called back, but he is not lazy. I say live your life and ignore ignorance.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i say if you need it get the help there is no shame getting a little help while you are getting where you need to go.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't get assistance. My husband works hard for us. I think those that get aid temporarily to get out of a sticky situation deserve it. I think those who collect for years and years and are content with that make me ill.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think it is okay to have as long as you are working to better your life and your children's lives. What I don't like are those who abuse the priveledge for the rest of us.
    I am on food Stamps, my kids have Medicaid and WIC and I receive Daycare Assitance so that I can work. Even with two incomes we just can't afford everything we need to and it sucks. I am actually trying to find another part time job (I just got cut back down to PT but I am thankful just to have a job at all right now) to help make ends meet better.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I get food stamps and my son has Medicaid. I work full-time, so, I am paying in to get out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• no
    does birth to three count?

daughter has therapists come to the home (ot, play and speech)
    we do not pay because we do not make enough

i was shocked to find that in our county at least the income level for a family our size was very high, meaning we would have to make much more and STILL would get this service for our daughter free of charge, they must have a way different income scale because in no way would we qualify for food stamps, medical insurance and whatever else is out there

and that is a very good thing, freind has twins and has to pay, each therapy she pays 65 bucks an hour and she has twins!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have never been on any type of public assistance, but I believe that the welfare system exists for good reason and that if one needs the assistance, they should get it.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I am not ashamed to say I receive food stamps and medical. I am pregnant and a single mother of a 2 year old. I moved back to my home town and am searching for a job right now. Without my assistance my babies and I would starve and I would not get the care I need for them.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 1:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2010