Am I the only one who wants to beat teen mothers?

The girls around me in HS always said- you dont know what its like to be in my shoes. I was a 16 yr old girl at one point who was sexually active. I was in a commited relationship with the same person from 15-19yrs old. I managed to use protection & not end up pregnant. BUT I was in your shoes- sexually active. The difference is I had some common sence. It makes me sick knowing that my son 10m old will eventually go to school & meet kids whos moms are only 14/15yr older than they are. KNowing that my niece & nephew could go to school with kids who were born to girls I went to highschool with.

How come no one knows how to aquire a condom? I get that they are expensive- but if you cant afford a condom you most definately cannot afford a baby!
At 15/16 I could barely get a job making enough money to pay my car insurance & cell phone bill- how are these girls paying for these babies? GOVERNMENT AIDE! BULLSHIT!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some people think "that wouldn't happen to me".. but it does. Just like it did me! I had a job as soon as I got out of high school so I could raise my baby.. & I still have the same job. I thought I would be with this guy forever..we were together for 8 years and come to find out..he was a cheater. But I have two kids now and one on the way & I work for everything I have! I'm not one of those people that others have helped me through life..heck no..I've done it by myself. & might I add that I am very proud of myself and my beautiful little girls for what we have accomplished and I wouldn't change a thing that has happened.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think there are some kids who end up in unfortunate circumstances, but for the most part it comes from a lack of parenting and a lack of maturity. They think it won't happen to them, and don't grasp that it only takes once to get pregnant. IMO teens have no business having sex to begin with. They aren't mature enough to deal properly, or really understand the consequences.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I totally understand where you are coming from. But I really don't know why you would want to beat them, or why you wouldn't want your kids going to school with children of teenagers. It isn't the child's fault. And really I know that these teens have made mistakes but a lot of them end up being great parents once they get everything straightened out. I know there are ones who don't. But there are also 20-30 year olds who have children and don't take care of them properly.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i am not going to judge because I do not know. The truth is I would be more concerned said 16 year old would be delaying their own life. Every day above ground is a second chance to redeem oneself.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My mother was excellent.. it had nothing to do with lack of parenting. I suppose I will say it wasn't a mature thing to do, but I matured up, unlike the father, and am raising my children! More than what can be said for some "mature" adult parents!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• also some kids cant ger protection because of their family ... my mother would not talk to me about it every time i tried she said i dont want to talk about it and some parents wont let their daughters get on birthcontrol... some kids dont even know what could happen... but i agree if you cant afford a condom you shouldnt do it
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 1:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree with BlainesMommy!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I hope you feel better that you have that off your chest. I myself could care less what others are doing with there live or what other peoples children are doing in there free time. I know what all of my children and step-children are doing at every minute of the day. That is all that I need to worry about. Teen moms I have a few friends from High School that had a baby and they were not living on the state. I have one friend that had 3 children by the time she was 21 and not one day of her life has she ever gotten FS or money, and know she is a single mother. So i think you are worrying about something you have no contriol over and you may just stress yourself out over this for nothing. The world is a big place and all you should be worrying about is what your children are doing.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Wow.... what was the point of this "question?" Hasn't this subject been talked about enough already? Okay... some people have very judgmental / ignorant opinions about teen mothers (and their kids, obviously)..... now, let's move on!
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree with RaeMommy! Great Answer!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010