Anyone have mood problem after starting birth control?

I got the depo shot a couple months after giving birth. I noticed 2-3 days after receiving it, I had horrible mood swings and depression. I stopped taking it and was fine until I tried Ortho-tri-cyclin and the same thing happenned. I stopped taking that but now a month later I'm still have mood swings and depression.

EFotiou

Asked by EFotiou at 1:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• I cannot take any type of birth control. They all give me horrible mood swings.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• yes. i did. it took several months to return to normal
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I became extremely moody and depressed for the very few months I was on birth control.

Never again.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• yeah... i was on depo for a while before it started (previously had been on the pill no problem). after about a year, all of a sudden i went from being laid back to a total raging freak - i figured out it was the depo (which also contributed to me gaining 50 lbs in 6 mos). since then i cannot handle synthetic hormones of any kind.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Every time I start a new type of birth control I notice mood changes. They usually tell you to try it for about 3months before making a judgement on rather or not it'll work for you, that gives your body time to adjust and get used to it
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yep. I turned into a moody, overly emotional nutcase within a few weeks of getting Mirena. A week after having it removed, I started returning to normal.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 2:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• ya the pill and the patch are the worst for me. my poor husband finaly told me i had to switch, of course i agreed with him. i hate being moody and emotional. i'm not even like that pregnant.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010