37 weeks.....how to get labor going?

I'm 37 weeks pregnant, and MISERABLE. My braxton hicks are so strong sometimes i actually cry. I have a lot of pressure down there among a million other pains. I'm looking for ways to get this labor going. What worked for you? My son was induced on his due date, so I'm not sure if that means i'll probably go over my due date, or if she can come early...but please give me some ideas!!!

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sex worked for me, but it's not time for you yet! Wait just a little while longer!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i would wait until about 39 weeks to try anything.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Walk a lot. If you have a gym membership go get on the elliptical. Good luck!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• you wait till baby decides to come... or walk your butt off.. walking and activity does help but at the end of the day baby WONT come till he/she is ready all on his/her terms not ours
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 2:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• well u dont want labor till atleast 29 weeks that what my dr told me, are u dialated at all?
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I walked a lot. But I went a week past my due date....So I am probably no help ; ) Good luck I will be there soon enough I am 13 weeks. God I hope I go early this time.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Having sex worked for us. I also walked to work and home and also was on my feet 9-11 hours a day working and always moving and waiting on people. I was very active thur my whole pregnancy i am a very healthy active person anyways. Walk and have sex. GL and Congrats :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would wait a few more weeks like the other ladies suggested. If you are that uncomfortable and in that much pain call your OB and get checked to make sure everything is ok
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Pregnancy is uncomfortable. You just need to deal with it. None of that stuff really works for everyone. But I'd try sex and walking.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would say that it is too early for you to go into labor still.. You should wait until your child is ready.. No one said pregnancy is a cake walk hun. I am only 20 weeks pregnant, and I am completely miserable.. and in a ton of pain.. But I am dealing with it!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2010