Should I be nervous about mediation?

XH has made some incredibly false acusations about me in order to gain more custody of our 2 kids. Initially, everything started because I refused to agree to a change in parenting time that we discussed moving around so our kids could go to school in his district. He wanted to do things thru the court, but was told by his lawyers that judges demand mediation first, hence why we're going. I wasn't nervous @ first knowoing that all of his accusations as to why the kids are "emotionally & phsyically endangered" were totally made up, but now I'm getting more and more anxious - his wife's family has buttloads of money, and can afford lawyers to fight, but I can't. I know he's more concered about getting more custody for selfish reasons, and none legit, & that's why he's coming up with such ugly lies. Should I be nervous or concerned? I'm 6 mos preg, and this stress is killing me.

nappeal

Asked by nappeal at 2:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't be too concerned. Write down your concerns and talk to the mediator about them. When I went, we each got to talk to the mediator separately and then met with her together to discuss the finalities. I was really nervous at first, too, but once we got in there together everything flowed fairly smoothly.
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 2:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would just take a few deep breathes and tell the truth. They will see right thur his lies that's one thing they will look for and i don't care how much money his new wife has it's not gonna buy more parenting for them or your children. Be the adult in this and no matter how mad he makes you keep your cool. Everything will be fine. Have faith.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Poor thing :( I wouldn't think you have much to worry about, in most cases they give the custody to the mom even in these equal times.
    And if you know some of the lies he has told about you, just make sure you bring evidence to the contrary (if possible), and make him look like the liar he is - if he brings it up @ the hearing.

I'm sure everything will be alright, girl - and try to relax .
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 2:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010