Have you made a prince crown cake?

My sons 1st birthday is #1 prince and i would like to make a cake to match. Just wondering if anyone has ever made one and how? thanks

Here is a link to what his theme looks like
http://www.1stwishes.com/Lil-Prince-1st-Birthday-Party-Supplies/43995/PartyKitDetail.aspx

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've made a crown cake (for my princess LOL) and basically I just baked a regular sheet cake, then cut out the shape I wanted. I decorated it with fondant.

You can create the shape you want on like a word document, then print it out, cut it, and use it as a "template" for cutting the cake.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• You can also find crown cake molds at Michael's, Pat Catans, Joann Fabrics or any similar store. I love making shaped cakes.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Thanks thats what ive been thinking but after making the 9 X 13 cake it doesnt look big enough. Like i was thinking of putting it the long way side to side and then cut it out that way but it looks like it would be too scrunched from top to bottom....if you know what i mean
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree, sheet cake and cut out the shape. You can use a pastry bag and a star tip for putting on frosting stars if you prefer to not use fondant.

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/pans/2105-1015CrownCakes.pdf

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That's a good idea for my daughter 2nd birthday thanks ladies
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010