How is your relationship with extended family(aunts, uncles, cousins etc.) ?

I've always been pretty close with my aunts and uncles and cousins. But here lately it seems like I feel like they may be talking badly about me when I am not around, I don't know I just get the feeling. We went camping with them for the past 3 days and I felt like they kept choosing the other children over my nephew and son who came with me. How do you get along with your extended family?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• i dont ever talk to them. one of my cousins emails me now and then, that's about it. i dont have a huge family though.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I really don't have a relationship with any of them.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• FOr us, we used to all be really close. We'd spend a lot of time going over eachothers houses and calling daily. But ever since my grandmother passed away...we've all really kinda went on in our own seperate worlds. I guess she was like the glue that held us all together. We still try to all get together for hilidays though.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I get along with my extended family VERY WELL. My dad has 5 sisters and we are all REALLY close, we have BBQ's, birthdays, go camping, etc. and it is a ton of fun. The only bad thing is that some of my younger cousins are HORRIBLE kids and I can't stand being them, but who am I to question my aunts' parenting style?? :-)
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• aw, well that would suck. maybe you should just talk to them about it.
    i have a great relationship with my extended family, i feel like they are all my sisters & brothers. i see them ATLEAST once a week. sometimes more often.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I am not very close to my mom's sister (who lives in Florida), but I am close to her brother (who lives 2 houses from me). I am close to my dad's living brother and his kids, and I am close to my dad's deceased brother's kids, and his ex-wife (who I still call Aunt Debbie). I am close to my dad's step-mom (my Grandma Peggy) and I am extremely close to my mom's mother (my Grammy), who lives with my uncle.
    momofamonkey83

Answer by momofamonkey83 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My family is not very close. I am lucky if I talk to my mom once a week. The rest of my family I see once a year or so. No big deal. They aren't important people in my life. Just because they are family doesn't mean they need to be your friends.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• On my dad's side I'm very distant. I haven't spoken to my aunts/uncles/cousins in years. My mom's side is a little closer; I have a couple cousins I don't see often but when we all get together we have no problem having fun and keeping up a conversation. The year before my maternal grandmother died me, my brother, and my 6 cousins on my mom's side got together for a family photo (we had only one group photo about 17 years ago, before my youngest cousin was born) and it was great - the photographer even gave us a bunch of extra poses and an extra package of pics for free because we kept making her laugh. Also despite not seeing my cousin's often we were all raised to protect each other and may God save anyone who fucks with one of us - especially since all the guys on my mom's side are at least 6'2".
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Nonexistent. On my mum's side, I have one uncle who doesn't talk with me, used to be us but there is no one else in the us anymore. On my dad's side, there are 5 aunt's and uncles and no one talks to anyone and I just met them when I was in my 20s.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 3:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2010