Why is music so much more effective when it comes to emotions?

I know this isn't true for everyone but I LOVE music. When I was a kid I would deal with my anger by putting on headphones, blasting the music and singing at the top of my lungs. I haven't really listened to much music since I've had kids (besides "babyish songs") but last night I played some songs on YouTube and it felt so freeing. Why is that? I can't seem to put a finger on it.

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 2:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• I'm the exact same way, if I need to vent or calm down, I get in my car and drive and listen to music. I have it playing at work all the time and at home too, I adore the way a song can touch on exactly what you might be going through at that very moment and possibly help you get through something or help you heal.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I totally agree. Music expresses what you want to say for you sometimes.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Music flows through my veins it lifts me up and makes my soul smile music is all consuming :)
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 9:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Cuz music as art is an expression of emotions. At least it's supposed to be. Sometimes as long as you can shake your ass to it it's considered acceptable lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2010