What is your best thrift shop find?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 2:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a 4 way tie. The first thing I found was a gorgeous 'little black dress' to wear to my hubby's family member's wedding. They're the kind of people that dress to impress so I was super nervous and thought there was no way I'd find something and then there it was! I found that for $5!
    Next thing I found was a set of Wiggles DVD's for my daughter. We'd never seen them before but now they are her absolute favorite! I think those were 1 or 2 bucks a piece.
    Next was an original storybook from The Dark Crystal and last was the original storybook from The Labyrinth. Both books were bought for less than a dollar and both were vintage 1980's.
    It's just amazing what some people get rid of! Like they say, one's person's trash is another person's treasure!
    MayMommaToBe

Answer by MayMommaToBe at 2:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I LOVE getting old clothes at thrift stores. I'm losing weight so I don't want to go out and buy a new costly wardrobe if I am just going to need new ones in a few months anyway.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Recently, it was a Under Armourshirt for my son. In perfect condition and I paid $1.99 for it. I also got a New pair of Nike shox of E Bay for $53.00 ( that included shipping)

youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I got a like new coach purse for $4 at a local thrift store. I was like heck yeah!
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Clothes! You can get so much stuff there for such a small price!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Gosh, I don't have an answer for this yet! But we just got a Goodwill in our town, and I am hoping to find some really good deals. A girlfriend of mine did find some Citizens of Humanity jeans (really expensive brand....IMO) for $5 at our new Goodwill....I am hoping to find something along those lines...ha ha! :)
    momofamonkey83

Answer by momofamonkey83 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• A couple years ago I found a beautiful wooden patio set with the couch and chair for $12.00! We painted it, bought new cushions for the couch part..the chairs cushions were perfect and it is a very nice set and we still use it just about every day!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I buy there so often that I cannot think of just one "good buy." Everything I have bought at all the various thrift stores have been wonderful!
    I will say, though, that I get better bargains at yard sales.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2010