Whats the biggest accomplishment you have achieved being a mother?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not ending up in the loony bin. No really, I personally am a single mom. But even when I was married, there were plenty of days where I thought to myself "There is no way I'm going to survive motherhood". But, so far so good ;)
    momofamonkey83

Answer by momofamonkey83 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My kid survived to 14 so far...that is an accomplishment, considering his attitude since birth as an "I can do whatever I feel I am big enough to do, smart mouthed, know-it-all".
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• the last year becoming advocate for daughter who has autism
    autism means-figure it out yourself mom, you are on your own
    found out that food dyes make her way over the top crazy, red #40 especially makes her break out in rash and she smashes her head into bruises when she has it-her ped said it was a theary-i said put it in her chart-you made me do a food jouranl for 8 months-that is what it is
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Stopping the cycle of dysfunction and abuse that has been passed down for generations in my family. I put my foot down and said 'this is where it stops- with me', and it has.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Haha momofamoneky took the words out of my mouth. I was going to say not going crazy lol. But really he is almost 2, very healthy, very smart, very loving, and very active and considering that's honestly all I can ask for I think that's a pretty good accomplishment so far!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have twins that are 6 now, so not going crazy is one thing. lol No really I think the best thing is that I have been able to be a stay at home mom and been very involved in anything that they want to do.
    momtotwins

Answer by momtotwins at 2:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm with mommaofamonkey, not losing my mind has been a great accomplishment over the last year. Pregnant and then a young infant with hubby deployed, I think I might have been crazy to begin with :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Don't knock the loony-bin until you've tried it...lol. I gave it a whirl and it wasn't half bad! I got to eat 3 healthy meals each day uninterrupted while they were still hot (or cold), I got a bed all to myself and didn't have to get up for anyone else, I got to stay in my pajama's all day, I didn't have to talk to anyone if I didn't want to, I could read a book or do a puzzle or write a letter if I wanted to without anyone interrupting my thought processes, people smiled at me, gave me a pill when I couldn't sleep, a pill when I couldn't wake up, a pill when I couldn't poop, a pill when I had "other" problems.....ah, it was nice!
    Then I had to go home.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My greatest accomplishment achieved as being a mother would have to be raising three intelligent, beautiful, self-reliant daughters who have goals in life, empathy and caring for other humans around them and in the world, open minds to new concepts while applying tried and true ideals, and they still hold love in their hearts for a mother who went crazy for a couple of years.
    I was made a grandmother 17 months ago and my daughter did not want anyone else in that operating room with her except for her mom. I was the first to see my granddaughter brought into the world and take her first breath. What greater gift can a daughter give her mother than that?
    I am so very blessed.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Hahahehe! I am so glad to see so many responses that begin with I survived!!! YEAH! I AM NOT ALONE! They are however still holding my room at the looney bin for when they reach 18!!! lol I love the response of Prydferthmenyw, I have three childen, two sons ages 17, & 16, and one daughter 11. They all three accepted christ many years ago, they are healthy, active, intelligent, children with loving open hearts. They have approached me with some very personnal questions that I know were hard but felt comfortable to ask me. They have goals and have received achievments that have made me proud on a daily basis. My mother snapped when I was 10 and left me and my sister to my grandparents. I have a dark fear everyday that this is hereditary and I too will snapped someday, my childrens faces remind me everyday it is just not in my vocabulary and never an option!
    sprmomof3sprkds

Answer by sprmomof3sprkds at 12:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2010